Hello Everyone! Welcome to my first Tommy Beauty Pro blog posting! I am a freelance make-up artist/professional, and I have been doing it since 2000. I was born in Taiwan and my post-secondary (college and universiry) education was done in North Americas.
In 2010, I accepted the role as the Key Make-up Artist for the first ever Miss Asia Beauty Pageant in Vancouver, BC. Canada (with Asia TV of Hong Kong as the main organizer). I recruited, traied and led a team of talented make-up artists working with me in this pageant of 2-month ongoing events, where our team provided make-up artistry on the beautiful 12 delegates. They are all lovely Asian girls from Vancouver with different ethnic background: China, Taiwan, and Korea.
Tommy Beauty Pro Team did the make-up for Miss Asia (2010) in varies of events: Meet & Greet, Profile & Poster Photoshoots, Video Shoot, Press Conference, Talent Show, Beauty Make-up 101 Seminar, Fashion Show with Vancouver designer JC Studio, Photography Contest with Mercedes-Benz at Richmond Auto Mall, and the Final Event at RiverRock Casino/Resort Theatre.
After a series of events, and the winner goes to Miss Sasah He, who represented Miss Asia (Vancouver) to compete in the Grand Final Event in Hong Kong (China). Before she took off to Hong Hong, I did a photoshoot with Sasha of this beauty make-up look.
The make-up look for Sasha is very soft & pretty. To create a very soft & natural make-up look is not as easy as it seems. It requires minimal make-up, but at the same time, it needs to be blended very well. It must show skin texture/clarity with right foundation shade, and have soft colour intensity (enough to be shown on camera working with the lighting). Overall, this make-up is to achieve a soft, well-balanced look without a strong feature that over emphasize a feature.
M·A·C Cosmetics (sponsor of this event) Make-up Products I used for this look:
- Skincare – Lightful Softening Lotion, Lightful Essence, Lightful Moisture Creme
- Face – Face Primer, Select Cover-up Concealer, Face & Body Foundation
- Eyes – Eye Paint Bare Canvas, Pigment in Naked Dark, Eye Shadows in Woodwinked + Naked Lunch + Texture, Fludielin Eyeliner in Dipdown, Lingering Eye Brows, Clear Brow Set, False Lash #4
- Cheek – Two Virtues Mineralized Blush
- Lips – Prep + Prime Lips, Lipsticks mix in Brave + Syrup, Lipglass in Love Nectar
I hope you all love my first beauty blog post!
Don’t forget to enter your e-mail at the right sidebar to follow Tommy Beauty Pro blog for more updates on beauty / fashion / lifestyle posts! You can also find me at Instagram & Twitter @tommybeautypro.
Related Blog Posts 延伸閱讀:
- Video Shoot with Sasha (Miss Asia 亞洲小姐 2010)
- Miss Chinese (Vancouver) Beauty Pageant 2012 溫哥華華裔小姐競選 2012
- Makeup 101: False Lashes on Asian Eyes
- China’s Beauty Stars
- Tommy’s Make-up Artistry Portfolio Images
- History of Asian Miss Universes │ 歷史上來自亞洲的環球小姐冠軍