Professional beauty make-up tips brought to you by M·A·C Cosmetics
Full colour is in season, but the basics of application are what can make any look beautiful. Check out these tips you can use right now to step up your makeup:
- Apply moisturizer even if you have oily skin. This step helps to prep your skin to ‘take’ foundation evenly and look more balanced overall. Try Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel for lightweight, yet hydrating care.
- Blend your makeup until you can’t see it anymore. The first giveaway of a poor application is an uneven diffuse of product. Arm yourself with must-have blending brushes #187 Duo Fibre Brush for Face, #224 Tapered Blending Brush for Eyes, and #129 Blush Brush for Cheek.
- Shade your lips with Pro Longwear Lip Pencil before applying lipstick or gloss. This will keep your colour sharply shaped and keep your overall look en pointe.
- Apply a third coat of mascara. Wiggle the brush from side to side as you would a toothbrush, and watch the volume and length of your lashes extend your entire look.
- Skimp on the SPF. Even if you don’t wear foundation every day, wear Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 beneath your colour to protect your skin from harmful sun damage.
- Forget about your brows! Beautiful makeup is well balanced from the top, down. Keep them kempt with Brow Set in a colour close to your natural hair, or go clear. It’s like hairspray for your brows!
- Go to sleep without removing every trace of makeup from your face. Towel off the day’s look using MAC Wipes to remove makeup, free radicals, and oil. Your skin will thank you with renewed radiance the next day.
Related blog posts in Tommy Beauty Pro:
- 2013 Makeup Tips and Tricks
- M·A·C Studio Careblend Pressed Powder
- Make-up Artists’ Tips to Sculpt Your Makeup for “Face & Body”
- 10 Tips from M·A·C Makeup Artist James Molloy
- Harper’s Bazaar Magazine: Today’s Beauty Secret