The season’s hottest hair and makeup trends—straight from the runway
By: Emily Hebert / March 13, 2012
Fall 2012 Make-up & Hair Trends
- Geometric Eyeliner (Make-up)
- Blunt Bangs (Hair)
- Dramatic Red Lips (Make-up)
- Squeaky-Clean Stands (Hair)
- Color-Blocked Eyelids (make-up)
- Retro Bouffants (Hair)
- Sketched Lashes (Make-up)
- Windswept Hair (Hair)
- Weathered Cheeks (Make-up)
- Bold Appliques (Make-up)
Trend: Geometric Eyeliner
Boxy corners, linear lines, and strategically placed dots gave eyes graphic new shapes at Antonio Marras, Altuzarra, Lanvin, Anna Sui, Giorgio Armani, Mugler, and Zac Posen.
Trend: Blunt Bangs
Straight-across fringe added an edge to hairstyles at Marni, Antonio Berardi, Versace, and Elie Saab.
Trend: Dramatic Red Lips
Rouge pouts bordered on goth this season, often taking on a blackened hue at shows like Viktor & Rolf, Christian Siriano, Basso & Brooke, Bottega Veneta, Nina Ricci, Gucci, and Rochas.
Trend: Squeaky-Clean Stands
Neatly parted down the center or on the side, hair had mirror-like shine at Christian Dior, Etro, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Alberta Ferretti, and Loewe.
Trend: Color-Blocked Eyelids
Pigment swept across lids in perfectly symmetric patterns at Prabal Gurung, Prada, and Roberto Cavalli.
Trend: Retro Bouffants
Teased tresses had ’60s flair at Moschino, Oscar de la Renta, DSquared2, and Carolina Herrera.
Trend: Sketched Lashes
Strokes of eye shadow mimicked the look of lashes at Anthony Vaccarello, Derek Lam, and Jean Paul Gaultier.
Trend: Windswept Hair
Thanks to loads of styling product, strands had a blown-away effect—no wind tunnel needed—at Vera Wang, Preen, and John Galliano.
Trend: Weathered Cheeks
Whether chapped from the cold or tanned by the sun, cheeks had fervent color at Issa, Michael Kors, Rodarte, and A.F. Vandevorst.
Trend: Bold Appliques
Fabric, paper, and metallic spikes appeared in unexpected places at Chanel, Miu Miu, Mugler, and Manish Arora.
- Blog Source: ELLE Magazine
Related blog posts in Tommy Beauty Pro:
- Runway Beauty: Crazy Makeup Trends from Fall/Winter 2012
- Top 10 Beauty Moments: Seeing Stars, Beauty Trend Spring 2013
- How to Recreate the Beauty Trends from the Golden Globes at Home
- Harper’s Bazaar Magazine: Today’s Beauty Secret
- Runway Hot Lip Colours for Spring/Summer 2012