Everyday is World AIDS at M·A·C Cosmetics!
Because every cent of the selling price (of Viva Glam lipstick, Viva Glam lipglass, Viva Glam lip conditioner, Viva Glam Lip Palettes, Holiday Kids Helps Kids cards) goes toward helping women, men and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Yes, every cent, every penny raised through Viva Glam goes towards the M·A·C AIDS Fund… what a wonderful way to donate your money towards our HIV-affected friends around the globe!
“M·A·C’s commitment to the fight against HIV/AIDS occurs 365 days a year through the sales of our VIVA GLAM products, 100 percent of the sales price of VIVA GLAM products goes directly to the M·A·C AIDS Fund. This year on World AIDS Day, M•A•C is going to make an even bigger impact by matching all sales of VIVA GLAM products purchased on M·A·C Online and giving twice the money to the M·A·C AIDS Fund,” says John Demsey, Chairman of the M·A·C AIDS Fund and Group President, The Estée Lauder Companies.
- HOW IT STARTED?
The M·A·C AIDS Fund (M.A.F.), the heart and soul of M·A·C Cosmetics, was established by Frank Angelo & Frank Toskan in 1994 to support men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS globally. MAF is a pioneer in HIV/AIDS funding, providing financial support to organizations working with underserved regions and populations. As the largest corporate non-pharmaceutical giver in the arena, MAF is committed to addressing the link between poverty and HIV/AIDS by supporting diverse organizations around the world that provide a wide range of services to people living with HIV/AIDS. To date, MAF has raised $270 million (U.S.) exclusively through the sale of M·A·C’s VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass donating 100 percent of the sale price to fight HIV/AIDS. For more information visit M·A·C AIDS Fund.
- VIVA GLAM LIPSTICKS?
In 1994, M·A·C introduced VIVA GLAM, an outspoken deep red that was universal in appeal and glamour. In 1997, a second lipstick was created VIVA GLAM II, a pinked mauve. VIVA GLAM III, a foxy brown plum launched in 2000. VIVA GLAM IV, a heartful rose charged with gold, introduced in March 2002. In March 2004, Viva Glam V makes its debut, a pure neutral pink with a delicious Lustre finish! VIVA GLAM VI, the newest member of the VIVA GLAM family, is a warm terracotta-plum with pearl finish. Wear it alone or finish it off with a coat of VIVA GLAM VI Lipglass.
Nicki Minaj & Ricky Martin for M·A·C Viva Glam
- WHAT ONE VIVA GLAM CAN DO?
- ONE VIVA GLAM = 254 condoms to prevent the transmission of HIV
- ONE VIVA GLAM = 32 Safer Sex Kits which include condoms, lubricant and instructions
- ONE VIVA GLAM = Provide a clean, safe place to sleep for two nights for one resident living with HIV/AIDS
- ONE VIVA GLAM = 45 minutes of lifesaving HIV prevention skills to a group of 75 women and girls
- ONE VIVA GLAM = 8 individually tailored, nutritious meals for a person affected by HIV/AIDS
- ONE VIVA GLAM = Prevent one mother from transmitting HIV to her baby
- ONE VIVA GLAM = Keep an injection drug user HIV and HCV free for one year by providing sterile syringes
- ONE VIVA GLAM = 1 rapid oral HIV test
- ONE VIVA GLAM = Test 4 babies to determine their HIV status
- ONE VIVA GLAM = 1 crisis counseling to a person living with AIDS who is also struggling
- ONE VIVA GLAM = with drug addiction, mental illness and homelessness
- ONE VIVA GLAM = Provide a new job interview shirt and tie for one resident at an HIV/AIDS housing organization
- ONE VIVA GLAM = 151 safer injection kits (cooker, cotton, tourniquet)
- ONE VIVA GLAM = 30 minutes of training for 20 medical providers on integrating HIV prevention and reproductive health
- ONE VIVA GLAM = Provide a move-in kit for a client moving into new housing, including cleaning materials, toilet paper, laundry soap, dishes for one person, lightbulbs, etc.
- ONE VIVA GLAM = Buy 24 female condoms which are distributed by the DC Department of Health to prevent HIV, sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancy
VIVA GLAM LIPSTICK
Every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM is donated to the M·A·C AIDS Fund.
Giving = Caring
People who show Love & Care = Gorgeous Inside Out!
VIVA GLAM AND THE M·A·C AIDS FUND
“I am the M·A·C Girl!” This provocative slogan announced the first face of VIVA GLAM – drag icon RuPaul, resplendent in shiny red leather boots and corset. A legendary campaign was born, one that would see many different stars and styles over the years, but which would always retain at its core that same spirit of irreverence, outrageous style and irrepressible love of life.
Created in 1994, the passionate red VIVA GLAM Lipstick raised money and awareness for HIV/AIDS at a time when the pandemic was dramatically affecting fashion communities in particular as well as the wider world. Then and today, an unprecedented 100% of the purchase price of any VIVA GLAM product goes toward the M·A·C AIDS Fund (minus VAT where applicable).
In the two decades that have followed since RuPaul made her billboard splash, the galaxy of stars who have fronted the campaign is unparalleled, including: Lady Gaga, Elton John, Debbie Harry, Boy George, Cyndi Lauper, Nicki Minaj, Ricky Martin, Christina Aguilera, Dita Von Teese, Shirley Manson, Mary J Blige, Rihanna and most recently Miley Cyrus.
The M·A·C AIDS Fund itself is a pioneer in HIV/AIDS funding, providing financial support to organizations working with underserved regions and populations. As the largest corporate non-pharmaceutical giver in the arena, the M·A·C AIDS Fund is committed to addressing the link between poverty and HIV/AIDS by supporting diverse organizations around the world that provide a wide range of services to people living with HIV/AIDS. To date, the M·A·C AIDS Fund has raised over $380 million exclusively through the sale of M·A·C VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass donating 100 percent of the sale price to fight HIV/AIDS.
Long live VIVA GLAM! We are all the M·A·C Girl! For more information visit M·A·C AIDS FUND.ORG
Don’t forget to enter your e-mail at the right sidebar to follow Tommy Beauty Pro blog for more updates on beauty / fashion / lifestyle posts! You can also find me at Instagram & Twitter @tommybeautypro. 若想不定期收到部落格的發文，可以在部落格的右上角空白格填入你的電郵地址，也記得在IG上面追蹤我(@tommybeautypro)精彩的生活喔！
Related Blog Posts 延伸閱讀:
- Faces of M·A·C Viva Glam!
- 時尚潮流巨星蕾哈娜 x M·A·C 薇拉葛蘭唇膏 (Taiwan)
- Ricky & Nicki for M∙A∙C Viva Glam
- Nicki Minaj for MAC Viva Glam Lipstick and Lipgloss 2013
- M·A·C Viva Glam x Miley Cyrus for 2015 麥莉希拉MAC薇拉葛蘭唇彩2015代言人
- Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach: Everyday Look Make Up Tutorial