Urban Decay’s best-selling Naked and Naked 2 palettes are proof that neutrals can be anything but boring. They’ve reinvented the neutral eye yet again with Naked Basics. Fans begged Urban Decay for an all-matte palette of neutral Eyeshadows, and this sleek palette answers the call! You get six must-have shades for the perfect neutral, matte eye – including four totally new shades, one previously only available in another palette and one all-time staff favorite.
These uber-wearable shades look great on literally EVERYONE. Wear them on their own for beautifully neutral eyes – you’ve got everything you need to contour, line and highlight to create just the right amount of definition. These shades are richer than other mattes, and the color goes on beautifully (never chalky or powdery). There’s also one demi-matte shade, Venus, which has just the right touch of satin to give your eyes more dimension.
For a more bold look, use Naked Basics as base shades to pair with your favorite bright shadow shades. UD co-founder Wende loves to use this palette to contour and define her eyes and then add a bright pop of color for extra drama.
Each Eyeshadow features Urban Decay’s brand new Pigment Infusion System, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives every shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power and blendability. The sleek metallic case is embossed with the word Naked and will look beautiful coming out of your bag. If you’ve been holding out for a matte neutral palette, now’s the time to get Naked!
- Venus: soft, off-white demi-matte
- Naked2: rosy taupe matte
- Faint: warm, dusty brown matte
- Crave: deepest, darkest brown/black matte
- Foxy: cream bisque matte (back by popular demand)
- Walk of Shame: very light pinky nude matte (staff favorite)
VIDEO: Naked Basics
Naked Basics Palette is available at: Sephora, ULTA and select Macy’s stores. Or, online at Sephora.com, ulta.com, macys.com, beauty.com and urbandecay.com.
Naked & Naked 2 Palettes
If you haven’t seen Urban Decay’s best-selling Naked and Naked 2 palettes from before, here are the images for your review. From a make-up artist’s point of view, it makes life a lot easier when the mostly-used eye shadow colors are put together in a palette for you to create the most natural eye make-up looks to smokey eye looks, and everything else in between, so you don’t have to go through and open each eye shadow packaging to mix and blend.
These palettes work just as well for everyday consumers, they are very universal colors that work for pretty much everyone as they can be used as eye shadows, eye brow colors, or eye liners. I have seen these palettes in a lot of freelance make-up artists’ kits because they are awesome in color selection, great in value, size, and color pigment are good (easy to blend and work with)! I have heard a lot of good reviews about them. It’s so hard just to pick one, I would like to get all of them!
Urban Decay’s Naked palettes are what a professional make-up artist called “the products worth the hype”!
- Virgin: satin chamois
- Sin: champagne
- Naked: matte buff nude
- Sidecar: cocoa with golden sparkle sheen
- Buck: matte nutmeg
- Half Baked: subtle, lustrous bronze
- Smog: deep coppery bronze
- Darkhorse: bronze patina
- Toasted (rich copper
- Hustle: plum brown satin
- Creep: onyx with gold sparkle
- Gunmetal: gunmetal gray with silver glitter
Naked 2 Palette
- Blackout: blackest black with matte finish
- Booty Call: shimmery cork
- Busted: deep brown with shimmery finish
- Chopper: copper shimmer with silver micro glitter
- Foxy: cream bisque with matte finish
- Half Baked: golden bronze with shimmery finish
- Pistol: light greyish brown with shimmery finish
- Snake Bite: dark bronze shimmer with metallic base
- Suspect: pale golden beige with shimmery finish
- Tease: creamy pale brown with matte finish
- Verve: oyster with shimmery finish
- YDK: cool bronze shimmer with metallic base
- Naked: sheer shimmery pinky neutral
Don’t forget to enter your e-mail at the right sidebar to follow Tommy Beauty Pro blog for more updates on beauty / fashion / lifestyle posts! You can also find me at Instagram & Twitter @tommybeautypro.
Related blog posts in Tommy Beauty Pro:
- Make-up Artist Palette
- Naked 3 by Urban Decay
- HOURGLASS Ambient Lighting Powder
- Makeup 101: Colour Theory & Make-up Artistry
- Smashbox Full Exposure Eye Shadow Palette
- Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette