We had two teams working full tilt backstage at the Myer Spring/Summer 2010 Fashion Show creating two different looks: Gleaming Metallic Nymphs (Avant Gard Golden Goddess) that looked like they had been swimming in a golden sea, and a heavily contoured look where we sculpted and highlighted their faces in a variety of bronze and nude shades (Runway). Both were beautiful and created by Illamasqua. London-based creative director, Alex Box, and we had some of Australia’s best makeup artists on hand to execute her very special vision.
Makeup by Alex Box, using all Illamasqua products
- Flatten brows against the skin using soap and a toothbrush to create an exaggerated bushy shape
- Illamasqua Satin Primer all over face
- Using Illamasqua cream foundation about two shades darker than their natural skintone, start bronzing the skin with the Foundation brush.
- Contour the skin using Illamasqua Rumour powder blush (a grey tone) then work into the same area with Disobey Powder blush, a biscuit colour, using the Blush Brush 2 over the brow, up into the temples, under the chin and down in to the neck. The combination of colours is what brings dimension to the face.
- Using Illamasqua Bronzer duo in Glint/Burnish, dust the dark side of the bronzing duo over the same contoured area again.
- Use the lighter side of the Bronze duo Glint/Burnish, fill in the areas of the face that weren’t covered with the contour/bronzer to start bringing radiance to the centre of the face.
- Using Illamasqua Create blush, go over the chin, forehead, neck, ears and cheek area using wide, sweeping motions and a Blush Brush 1 brush, but avoiding the nose.
- Take Illamasqua Marvel pigment and a Blush Brush 1 brush to go over the whole face, but adding more gold through the centre of the face. Work gradually to build the colour.
- Illamasqua Wolf Powder shadow is used first to get the shape of the eye, creating a strong contour shape up into the crease and over the lid. Take the Wolf shadow quite high on the crease, and use an Eyeshadow Brush to smudge underneath eye to make a dramatic round shaped eye.
- Using Illamasqua Gimp shadow, a matte black, go over the whole lid and up into the crease, with the Eyeshadow Brush, and under the eye as well. Make sure it is stronger on the outer 2/3rds and up into the crease area for extra drama. Soften the outer edges with a Blend Brush 1 underneath so it blends in with the gold on the cheeks.
- Line waterline with black Illamasqua Sophie pencil and smudge all around eye. Blend in well with the Gimp shadow.
- Spatter Illamasqua Solstice Liquid Metal (Gold) on inner eye corners and tear ducts using fingers and a Lip Brush. It should cover the inner 1/3 of the eye, and look quite organic. Take under the inner eye corner as well with the Lip Brush.
- Illamasqua gold Marvel pigment goes over this, with the same Lip Brush.
- Illamasqua Harness mascara (black) top and bottom lashes
- Illamasqua No 13 lash is applied to top lashes for dramatic feathery lashes.
- Illamasqua Android pigment goes on the outer corner of the lid, just up to where it meets the gold on the inner corners, with Eyeshadow Brush
- Illamasqua Solstice Liquid Metal is painted all over neck, body and ears with Foundation brush.
- Spatter large craft glitter in gold randomly over hairline and neck and shoulders
- Gold highlighted lips with Solstice Liquid Metal on cupid\’s bow using Lipliner brush.
- Add Illamasqua Brilliant clear gloss with Marvel pigment in it with fingers in the centre of lips for a golden finished lip.
- Illamasqua is available in Australia at Myer, Sydney (City Store) and through online
- Images courtesy of: Chrissie Hall
- Blog Source: Sassi Sam Girlie Gossip
Myer Fashion Show Spring Summer 2010/11
Related Blog Posts in Tommy Beauty Pro: