I love reading Allure Magazine! It seriously is a beauty expert magazine. This month, actress Mila Kunis lands on the cover of Allure‘s March publication with a period styling look. Let’s find out some 411’s about their shoot!
Somewhere between Australia, Italy, and Oz, Kunis stopped in her hometown of Los Angeles to shoot her first Allure cover with photographer Tom Munro.
That 60’s Show
Creative director Paul Cavaco turned Kunis into a modern version of 1960s Andy Warhol muse Susan Bottomly, a.k.a. International Velvet.
Makeup artist Brigitte Reiss-Andersen wanted Kunis to looklik herself–if she time-traveled back to the ’60s.
- Reiss-Andersen lined the actress’s eyes with dark brown pencil and black liquid liner and blended a matte taupe shadow on her lids.
- The makeup artist did some minor sculpting with tan powder under Kunis’s cheekbones and dusty rose bluch on her apples.
- Reiss-Andersen patted on pink-y nude lipstick. “I wanted her lips to lookl ight,” she said, “but not dead.”
All Made Up
When left to her own devices, Mila Kunis’s beauty regimen is essentially the polar opposite of her look here. “I think the less you do, the better” is how the actress phrases her nonritual. “People overcontemplate.” No one could accuse Kunis of this. Here’s how she describes her low-key beauty routines.
- MASCARA: Yes.
- EYE PENCIL: Sometimes, drawing out the edges.
- EYE SHADOW: No. “It takes too long.”
- FAVORITE SHAMPOO: “Whatevers’s availble.”
- FAVORITE BEAUTY ROUTINE FOR A ROMANTIC NIGHT OUT: “Shower,” she answers. Then a worried step back: ” Is that a rituals?” she asks herself. She nods. “I think that’s beauty-related.”
- HAIRSTYLE: Mainly, she just lets it hang, because Kunis has learned her lesson. Last year, she tried out a new style, much shorter than her usual tangle of natural curls, which she air-dries after washing. And, she says, the new cut was a disaster. In fact: “It was the worst thing ever on me. it’s what I labeled as the ‘soccer-mom haircut.’ And it looked like shit. It was neither short nor long. And I was, like, ‘What? No!!!'” ― Judy Bachrach
Related blog posts in Tommy Beauty Pro:
- Sun Fei Fei 孫菲菲 for VOGUE Italia January 2013
- Miss Universe 2012: Olivia Culpo beauty
- Jennifer Lopez on Harper’s Bazaar Feb. 2013 Cover