The “Weird Beauty” project is made in collaboration of Russian photographer Alexander Khokhlov and make-up artist Valeriya Kutsan. In these series they decided to deny any color in the series, except black and white (* which in colour theory, black and white are not considered as “colours”) to make more accent on forms, depth and volume. The experiment should prove that usual simple forms, familiar things or characters can be a main part of wonderful beauty looks. Model faces in this project are not just canvases for the face-arts—they play their own role in each photo with different parts.
- Source: Alexander Khokhlov
Related blog posts in Tommy Beauty Pro:
- July Snow “Avant Garde”
- M·A·C x Rick Baker Halloween 2013
- M·A·C Halloween Face-Off 2012
- Tommy’s Makeup Artistry + OpenStudio + TEST/model Magazine
- Dior Couture Make-up Gallery