In front of a worldwide audience of approximately 1 billion viewers, Miss Universe Venezuela, Gabriela Isler was crowned Miss Universe 2013 from Crocus City Hall in Moscow, Russia. The 62nd Annual MISS UNIVERSE® Competition was broadcast on NBC with a Spanish simulcast on Telemundo. She was being crowned by Miss Universe 2012, Olivia Culpo of the United States.
Miss Universe Venezuela, Gabriela Isler is the 7th young woman to take home the Miss Universe crown from Venezuela. The 25 year-old college graduate with a marketing degree enjoys flamenco dancing and baking when she is not modeling. She is from the town of Maracay, Venezuela, right outside of Caracas, the country’s capital.
The judges who sealed the fate of this year’s winner included: Steven Tyler, Aerosmith’s front man and lead singer; Chef Nobu, acclaimed chef proprietor of Nobu and Matsuhisa restaurants; Tara Lipinski, Gold medal figure skater and 2014 Winter Olympics figure skating analyst for NBC Olympics’ multi-platform coverage; Carol Alt, TV personality, star of Fox News Channel’s ‘A HEALTHY YOU AND CAROL ALT’, international supermodel, actress, author, entrepreneur and raw-food enthusiast; Anne V, supermodel, actress, philanthropist and mentor on Oxygen’s upcoming season of “The Face” with nine consecutive appearances in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue; Farouk Shami, founder of Farouk Systems, Inc. makers of CHI and presenting hair care sponsor of the 2013 MISS UNIVERSE® Competition; Italo Fontana, pioneering designer of U-BOAT Watches; and Philip Kirkorov, iconic Russian pop-star.
In addition to his judging duties, Steven Tyler took the stage for a special performance. Tyler and the celebrity judges joined an exciting broadcast that included performances by Grammy-nominated band Panic! At The Disco and international recording artist EMIN.
Throughout the MISS UNIVERSE Competition, contestants representing 86 countries competed in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview. The telecast concluded with Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo crowning her successor.
- First Runner-Up: Miss Universe Spain, Patricia Yurena Rodriguez will assume the duties of Miss Universe 2013 if the titleholder for some reason cannot fulfill her responsibilities.
- Second Runner-Up: Miss Universe Ecuador, Constanza Baez.
- Rest of Top Five: Miss Universe Brazil, Jakelyne Oliveira; and Miss Universe Philippines, Ariella Arida.
- Rest of Top Ten: Miss Universe Great Britain, Amy Willerton; Miss Universe India, Manasi Moghe; Miss Universe USA, Erin Brady; Miss Universe Ukraine, Olga Storozhenko; and Miss Universe Dominican Republic, Yaritza Reyes.
Rest of Top Sixteen:
Miss Universe Costa Rica, Fabiana Granados; Miss Universe China, Jin Ye; Miss Universe Indonesia, Whulandary; Miss Universe Puerto Rico, Monic Perez; Miss Universe Nicaragua, Nastassja Bolivar; and Miss Universe Switzerland, Dominique Rinderknecht.
Miss Photogenic Universe™ Award: Miss Universe Poland, Paulina Krupinska. An expert panel chose the delegate they thought best exemplifies beauty through the lens of a camera. She was awarded a $1,000 cash prize and a gift from pageant sponsor Diamond Nexus.
Miss Congeniality Universe™ Award: Miss Universe China, Jin Ye. This award reflects the respect and admiration of the delegate’s peers who voted for her as the most congenial, charismatic and inspirational participant. She was awarded a $1,000 cash prize and a gift from Diamond Nexus.
- COUNTRY: Venezuela
- HOMETOWN: Maracay
- AGE: 25
- HEIGHT: 5’ 10”
- BIO: Gabriela Isler started taking flamenco dancing lessons when she was a child, but says that her “real training” began when her niece was born. After finishing her thesis three years ago, Gabriela has regularly helped her sister take care of her daughter, and even considers herself a second mother to the child. Gabriela currently works as a talent on the Venevision TV Network, but considers motherhood the hardest profession in life. Above all else, she values being at home, surrounded by the people she loves.
Miss Universe 2013 – Top 5 in Evening Gown
Best National Costume – Miss Universe Nicaragua
During the 2013 MISS UNIVERSE Preliminary Competition, Nastassja Bolivar – Miss Universe Nicaragua took home the prize for the Best National Costume and a credit of $5,000 USD from Russian Standard Bank. The National Costume show was held on Sunday, November 3 at Vegas Mall in Moscow Russia.
Source: Miss Universe
Miss Universe 2013 Crowning Moment
Don’t forget to enter your e-mail at the right sidebar to follow Tommy Beauty Pro blog for more updates on beauty / fashion / lifestyle posts! You can also find me at Instagram & Twitter @tommybeautypro.
Related Blog Posts 延伸閱讀:
- Miss Universe 2012: Olivia Culpo
- Mister International 2013 – Jose Anmer Paredes
- Miss Universe 2013: National Costume Presentation
- Miss Universe 2013: Preliminary + Swimsuit
- Mister International 2013
- Miss Universe 2015: Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach (Philippines) │ 2015環球小姐由菲律賓小姐摘冠
- History of Asian Miss Universes │ 歷史上來自亞洲的環球小姐冠軍