Zuhair Murad’s “Enchanted Forest” F/W 2013-2014 Collection consisted of iridescent little twigs embroidered on nude tulle dresses. They were either flowing or whirled into hourglass shapes.
A wasp-waist skirt suit in Chantilly lace with floral guipure embroideries was a terrific day look. There was plenty of bling, too, tamed slightly by graphic patterns, followed by a gush of sequins on mermaid-inspired looks. The presence of “Twilight” star Kristen Stewart underscored Murad’s growing popularity on the red carpet.
To view Zuhair Murad’s Spring/Summer 2013 couture collection, please click here, the design is absolutely gorgeous that you don’t want to miss!
Couture Runway Gallery
VIDEO: Zuhair Murad Fall/Winter 2013-14 Show | Paris Couture Fashion Week
About the Designer
Designer Zuhair Murad grew up in Baalbek, Lebanon. Since his childhood, he always dreamt of evading to a world of fantasy. He started sketching dresses at the age of ten, quoted as saying “I don’t recall a day in my life without a pen in my hand!”.
- In 1997, Zuhair Murad opens his first atelier in Beirut, catering to a growing private clientele.
- In 1999, Murad celebrates his international debut at the Alta Roma Fashion Week, following an invitation from the Camera Nazionale della Moda.
- In 2001, Murad presents his couture collection for the first time during Haute Couture Week in Paris, gaining momentum with international media.
- In 2005, Murad debuts the first Zuhair Murad Ready-to-Wear Collection, a more simple – yet still aesthetically glamorous – contemporary line designed to meet the expanding needs of his clientele.
- In 2007, Murad inaugurates his Parisian “Maison de Couture” in the heart of the Triangle d’Or on “François 1er” Street.
- In 2011, Zuhair Murad signs a licensing agreement with an Italian manufacturer, launching a ‘Made in Italy’ Ready-to-Wear line of daywear and eveningwear.
- In 2012, the Zuhair Murad Fashion House relocates to a new, eleven-story building in Gemayze, in the heart of Beirut. The majestic space houses not only the corporate offices, but the heart of the Zuhair Murad Design Studio, including designers, pattern makers, tailors and embroidery experts.
The supervisory board of the Chambre syndicale de la Haute couture in Paris elects him as new guest member to the Haute Couture calendar.
Don’t forget to enter your e-mail at the right sidebar to follow Tommy Beauty Pro blog for more updates on beauty / fashion / lifestyle posts! You can also find me at Instagram & Twitter @tommybeautypro.
Related Blog Posts in Tommy Beauty Pro:
- Zuhair Murad Couture Spring 2013
- Michael Cinco Spring/Summer 2012 Ad Campaign
- Esprit Dior 迪奧精神 Exhibition in Shanghai
- Guo Pei, The Queen of China’s Haute Couture
- Exotic Pieces of Alexander McQueen’s Savage Beauty Fashion