What it is:
A universal finishing powder that features state-of-the-art technology to recreate the most exquisitely flattering types of light.
What it does:
Create your perfect light. Ambient Lighting Powder is a groundbreaking collection of finishing powders that capture, diffuse, and soften the way light reflects on your skin. Unlike traditional powders, which merely cloak imperfections, Ambient Lighting Powder utilizes photoluminescent technology to filter out harsh light and refine the appearance of the complexion. The powders deliver a multidimensional luminescence to every skintone, making it appear softer, younger, and lit-from-within. The finishing powders enhance skin in any type of light, including flash photography. With six universal shades available, you can create your desired effect—not unlike having a personal lighting technician. Ambient is free of talc, gluten, fragrance, and nanoparticles. It is available in six universally flattering shades from least pearl to most pearl.
- Ethereal Light: A sheer, cool tone that eliminates shine and mimics a moonlit glow—even in broad daylight.
- Diffused Light: A soft, warm, pale yellow that reduces redness, eliminates shine, and gives skin clarity.
- Dim Light: A neutral soft beige that provides a perfect balance of warm and cool tones to blur imperfections.
- Mood Light: A soft, sheer lavender pink that mimics the softest, most forgiving light and brightens the complexion.
- Luminous Light: A champagne pearl that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow—day or night.
- Radiant Light: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth.
What else you need to know:
“I learned early on how different types of light can truly flatter the complexion. Growing up, my mother had pink light bulbs in all of the lamps throughout the house. She loved pink light because it was the softest and most flattering, and she always wanted to look good. I used this concept of lighting in Ambient Lighting Powder.”—Carisa Janes, Hourglass Founder
How To Use:
- Dust Ambient Lighting Powder all over the face with Ambient Powder Brush.
- Light your skin with Diffused Light to reduce redness, eliminate shine, and give skin clarity.
- Light your skin with Ethereal Light to eliminate shine and mimic a moonlit glow—even in broad daylight.
- Light your skin with Radiant Light to extend a summer glow, or enhance your overall complexion with a believable, subtle warmth.
- Light your skin with Mood Light to mimic the softest most-forgiving light and reveal your brightest complexion.
- Light your skin with Dim Light, the perfect balance of warm and cool tones, to blur imperfections and bring to light your most radiant complexion.
- Light your skin with Luminous Light to create a soft, incandescent candlelit glow—day or night.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
A limited edition palette featuring three shades of Ambient Lighting Powder, the high-tech, soft-focus finishing powder that features state-of-the-art technology to recreate the most exquisitely flattering types of light. Palette includes one new limited edition shade, Incandescent Light, and two existing, Dim Light and Radiant Light.
Includes a 5-ml Veil Mineral Primer to create the perfect canvas for your look.
- Dim Light: A neutral peach beige powder that blurs imperfections and highlights a radiant complexion with the perfect balance of warm and cool tones.
- Radiant Light: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth, and also extends a summer glow.
- Limited Edition Incandescent Light: A pearlescent powder that highlights the cheekbones and brightens the complexion with a celestial glow.
$58 USD / $67 CAD (limited edition product)
VIDEO: A Look at Hourglass
Don’t forget to enter your e-mail at the right sidebar to follow Tommy Beauty Pro blog for more updates on beauty / fashion / lifestyle posts! You can also find me at Instagram & Twitter @tommybeautypro.
Related blog posts in Tommy Beauty Pro:
- Make-up Artist Palette
- Naked 3 by Urban Decay
- Makeup 101: Colour Theory & Make-up Artistry
- M·A·C PRO Master Class: Creating Perfect Skin
- Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette