The trends and colors of fashion runways are always great inspirations and stimulation for make-up looks, but how do you translate the fashion runway looks into your daily make-up routines in the summer?
- 夏天妝前修飾乳很重要，Dior韓國特約彩妝師Sung Ji-ahn建議，「擔心毛孔粗大，先擦上可讓毛孔柔焦的修飾乳，想要透亮，可帶有珠光效果的飾底乳。」
1. Pure Skin with Radiance
The importance of summer base make-up is all about sheerness, radiance and preparation of skin. “Through massage in the area just underneath the ears, cheeks and temples with your fingertips, it helps to promote circulation of energy,” says beauty expert Yan Liu. After the facial massage, you can apply tinted sun blocks, it helps to balance your skin’s color correction; then use a light amount of foundation focusing just in the area underneath the eyes and on the cheeks. Finish the rest of the face with a dust of powder, the less the powder, the sheerer the base make-up, and you don’t have to worry much about make-up wearing off during the day.
- “Primer is especially important for summer make-up,” says Sung Ji-ahn, Appointed Make-up Artist for Dior (Korea). “If you have larger pores, use primers that can minimize the appearance of pores; if you want radiance on the skin, you can use primers with glowing pigments.”
- If you use foundation all over your face, you will have the problem of make-up wearing off during the day. Before you apply foundation, first use concealer to cover under eye darkness or other pigment discolorations, and then apply foundation lightly with a foundation brush.
- Make-up sponges and foundation brushes are your best friends for summer’s sheer make-up application. Apply foundation mostly in the center of your face and both sides of the nose, then blend it with a sponge or brush, this will give you a result of light and sheer foundation effects that can’t be achieved by using your fingertips.
2. Mystical Blue Eye Shadow is IN
We always worry about making mistakes when using a blue color eye shadow, but blue color is actually IN this summer. We recommend darker shades of blue such as navy blue to replace lighter shades such as sky blue, you will find blue eye shadow will give you a deep-set eye effect.
3. Gold Bling-Blings
Don’t be shy to use gold colors on your face this summer! How to make it look pretty? The trick is to apply a gold color eye shadow (powder or cream formula) evenly on the eyelid, then brush mascara onto the lashes in pitch-black, the combo of gold and black: beauty!
4. Creative Eye Lines Shapes
Use an eye pencil or liquid eye liner to draw liners that look like the 20’s or the 60’s style to get full dramatic, alluring effect. Of course you can also practice drawing that catty, feline flick eyeliners as seen on the fashion runways, and you will be surprised with the effect of the enlarged eye looks.
5. Glowing Red Cheeks are Charming
You know that red cheeks you get after you exercise? Yes, that’s exactly the red cheek color palette for this summer; it gives a gradient of red without looking fake. Natural glow!
- “Cream blush will help you achieve the same effect,” says make-up artist Vincent. “Take some cream blush on the back of your hand, pad it lightly on the apple of your cheek and blend it outward.”
- You can also use a tiny bit of cream blush and apply on the center of your forehead, bridge of your nose and the chin area, it creates a sunburn effect appearance.
6. Kisses with Neon Orange Lip Color
Neon orange color lips will put you in the center of attention! Unlike the orange color lipsticks used in the past, neon shades give better effects in brightness and intensity; in addition, it also helps to brighten up your skin, regardless of your skin color.
- Retro? Use lip pencil to emphasize the contour of your lip shape, and it’s not a bad idea to mix a matte texture lipstick.
- When using brighter lipstick color like this, it is essential to take care of your lips on a regular basis, so the lines on the lip surface can be diminish.
Source: VOGUE (Taiwan)
Chinese-English Translation: TommyBeautyPro
Related blog posts in Tommy Beauty Pro:
- Makeup 101: Colour Theory & Make-up Artistry
- The Best BB Creams For Your Skin
- Makeup 101: SPF and Sun-Kissed Bronzing Skin
- Charlotte Tilbury Cosmetics