Have you ever wondered how beauty queens do their everyday natural look make-up? What products they are they obsessed with? or even what make-up tips & tricks they do to make that “little, yet effective” difference on their looks?
Besides models, social media bloggers, or make-up artists, we rarely see beauty queen such as 2015 Miss Universe Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach (Philippines) who shows her bare skin, and teaches viewers on how a step-by-step everyday make-up look is done, starting from priming the skin (very important)!
Here is a YouTube Video make-up tutorial for you to “watch and learn.” From a professional make-up artist’s perspective, I really like her selection of products (not to mention she uses a lot of M·A·C Cosmetics products that I absolutely can’t live without in my make-up kit), her color choices are neutral and suitable for just about all “light, light-medium, medium, medium-dark, slightly tanned” color skintones… in another word, bravo on her choice of products and colors!
In this blog post, I am going to list the make-up products she uses, how meaningful some of the products are, her advocacy work as Miss Universe 2015, and share her make-up tips & tricks that I believe you will find very useful!
VIDEO: Everyday Look Make Up Tutorial from Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach
Favorite Make-up Products used by Miss Universe 2015 herself:
01. M·A·C Lightful C Marine Bright Formula Softening Lotion
02. M·A·C Fast Response Eye Cream
03. M·A·C Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Primer “Radiant Pink”
04. NARS Multi-Protect Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
05. M·A·C Studio Finish SPF35 Concealer “NW 25” and “NC 35”
06. M·A·C Oval 6 Brush for Foundation
07. M·A·C Studio Sculpt SPF15 Foundation “NC 35” and “NC 42”
08. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
09. M·A·C #191 Square Foundation Brush
10. M·A·C Eye Brow Pencils “Spike”, “Lingering“, and “Fling”
11. Laura Mercier Extreme Neutrals Eye Shadow Palette
12. M·A·C Studio Chromagraphic Pencil “NC15/NW20”
13. M·A·C Haute and Naughty Lash Mascara “Black”
14. M·A·C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural “Medium Dark”
15. M·A·C Powder Blush “Harmony”
16. NARS Blush “Dolce Vita”
17. M·A·C Lipstick “Kinda Sexy” (matte texture)
18. M·A·C Vival Gam Lipglass “Ariana Grande”
19. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid
Miss Universe 2015’s Advocacy Work
Special thanks to Pia for choosing M·A·C Vival Gam Lipglass “Ariana Grande” product as her lip color, the final touch to her make-up look. Pia’s main advocacy work as Miss Universe 2015’s is to be vocal about her desire to spread HIV/AIDS awareness around the world and end the stigma surrounding the disease/infection, as well as her fight for gender equality and women empowerment.
M·A·C’s Viva Glam Campaign is fully supporting of people living with HIV & AIDS. With M·A·C’s AIDS FUND, 100 percent (yes, you heard it right, it’s 100%, not part of it) of the selling price of every VIVA GLAM product goes directly to men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS. How wonderful is that?
For more details about making beauty more meaningful, please read my previous blog post VIVA GLAM Lipstick & M·A·C AIDS Fund for World AIDS Day!
Makeup Expert’s Tips & Tricks & Product Suggestions:
- Moisturize your skin! Pia uses M·A·C Lightful C Marine Bright Formula Softening Lotion to instantly refresh, tones, brighten-up, and smooth the skin conditions with its special marine brightening formula.
2. Prime your skin! A smooth, clean skin is so essential in creating that flawless make-up look. Pia’s choice of M·A·C Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Primer “Radiant Pink” is excellent before applying foundation to create a smooth skin canvas that makes make-up last longer and controls the oil on the skin.
3. “Less is More” is the key with good make-up application. Putting more products on the face, it will become heavy and cake-y. We do not want that for our everyday make-up look. Use foundation and concealer only in areas where needed.
4. Mix colors to get that perfect color match to your skin! For medium, medium-dark skin tones, I often have to mix colors to get the perfect shade. In M·A·C’s system, NC has more golden/olive skin undertone, while the NW has more pinky/rosey undertone. If NC or NW color by itself doesn’t match, you mix both skintone colors to get a perfect skintone match! M·A·C Studio Sculpt SPF15 Foundation is a gel-based foundation that offers medium to full coverage with a natural satin finish, great for everyday make-up!
5. You want to create a natural defining lash in the day, and make it more dramatic & voluminous for the evening? This two-in-one M·A·C Haute and Naughty Lash Mascara “Black” does the trick for you! One for day, and the other is for evening!
6. This baked mineral M·A·C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder is multi-tasking! I have different shades of them in my make-up kit. Asides from its main job to set foundations, or to use as a powder foundation itself, the lighter shades are excellent for highlighting; the darker shade is great for contouring or as a blush / bronzing color. It creates a smooth looking skin while making sure its natural looking.
7. Tight Eye Liner does the magic of creating a natural defining eye line without looking you are a wearing eye liner. M·A·C Technakohl Liner “Graphblack” is a mechanical pencil-style liner with a soft and creamy formula and intense color. Its long wearing and safe for use in the waterline. Tight eye lining does take practice though, and be careful not to poke the liner into your eyes.
8. Mixing shades of: light, medium and dark colors when sculpting your brows can add a 3-D effect to make it more realistic looking. One color eye brow can sometime look flat. M·A·C Eye Brows pencil is self-propelling and self-sharpening brow definer that adds shape, color and density. The colors that I like to have are: Brunette, Fling, Spiked, and Lingering.
Don’t forget to enter your e-mail at the right sidebar to follow Tommy Beauty Pro blog for more updates on beauty / fashion / lifestyle posts! You can also find me at Instagram & Twitter @tommybeautypro. 若想不定期收到部落格的發文，可以在部落格的右上角空白格填入你的電郵地址，也記得在IG上面追蹤我(@tommybeautypro)精彩的生活喔！
Related Blog Posts 延伸閱讀:
- Pia Wurtzbach named #HIV Prevention Ambassador by Aid for AIDS
- History of Asian Miss Universes │ 歷史上來自亞洲的環球小姐冠軍
- Miss Universe 2015: Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach (Philippines) │ 2015環球小姐由菲律賓小姐摘冠
- M·A·C Lightful C │ 3C美白新境界 鎮靜、無瑕、智慧保濕
- Kim Kardashian Makeup Looks │ 社交名媛金·卡達夏的美妝
- Make-up Artist Kit Essentials │ 彩妝箱必備美妝品
- Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach attended United Nations summit to promote awareness against HIV/AIDS